Panathinaikos FC has the benefit to train in one of the most modern and fully equipped Athletic Centres in Europe. The creation of this Centre was part of the vision of the Vardinoyannis family for the improvement and progress of Greek football. It is situated in an ideal place, in Peania (a suburb of Athens). It was built in 1981 and is laid across 70 acres of land.
THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CENTRE ARE THE FOLLOWING:
- The comfortable and scientific preparation of the professional football team.
- The operation of the Football Academy.
The facilities and the environment of the Athletic Centre are of high standards.
Every year the best European teams visit the Athletic Centre and many of them
have completed their training programmes there.
PANATHINAIKOS PERFORMANCE LAB
- Hotel accommodations which consist of 27 double rooms, restaurant, bar, TV room, indoor pool, sauna, recreation hall, play rooms, storage areas and conference room.
- Three floodlit football fields with natural grass turf.
- Three floodlit football fields with artificial turf for special preparation.
- Fully equipped gymnasium, medical facilities physiotherapy room, dressing room for the professional team and the Academy.
Panathinaikos Performance Lab is a department of Panathinaikos F.C. that aims in the maximisation of athletic potential and the performance output of the footballers using natural means. Panathinaikos Performance Lab uses the distillation of the current scientific knowledge of sports science for the resolution of the individualised needs of the modern footballer. Specifically, the Performance Lab deals with the ergometric evaluations and the nutrition of the footballers of the first team. In regard to the Academies, the Performance Lab participates providing specialised measurements and educational programs in the detection and subsequently in the growth and athletic perfection of talented footballers.
More specifically, the Performance Lab contributes to the multifaceted growth of the footballer offering specialised services, such as ergometric evaluations and individualised follow-up of the development of football skills, psychological evaluation and education, adaptation of diet in the data of each age as well as education of the parents and young footballers on issues of healthy and athletic diet, and much more. Panathinaikos Performance Lab is equipped with leading edge technology, analogous to those that the great teams of Europe have. It also allocates high level, up to date and targeted on football, scientific specialisation. Panathinaikos Performance Lab is staffed by special sports scientists specializing in the top level sports and championship contention.